Wednesday, February 21, 2007

YOUR MORSE CODE OR ... .._ .. _._. .. _.. .













for dad

I have a gun and could use it

to end my suffering

spare others the trouble


of having to care and then



if in the past, I am also gone

then those no-named, 


with our people's faces

those humans 

those hundreds, no, more

did not perish on that

icy cold Korean ground

covered in white clouds


from the big guns 


put in my hands


murdered and for what


there was no glory in being


a minimum wage gun for hire


my rage at what I did


lasted a lifetime


though I tried to drown it


in alcohol


like my father before me



unlike him, I was always pulled


from the drink at the last minute


liquid claws weren't strong enough


to keep me under, though now


a lure of those voices in


the loss of air and anesthesia


got me in touch with all their souls


who wanted me with them





© Odilia Galván Rodríguez, 2007

The Yucatan Penninsula

No comments: